Global Advances Group was fortunate to participate in Foromic 2012, the leading forum for supporting and financing microenterprises, SMEs, and small farmers in Latin America and the Caribbean. This year, it was held for the first time in its 14-year history in the Caribbean. Barbados hosted the Foromic 2012 which took place in Bridgetown from 1-3 October. The event is organized by the Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF), a member of the Inter-American Development Bank Group, and the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs of Barbados.
In 2011, about 1,300 people from over 40 countries gathered in San Jose, Costa Rica to exchange ideas and knowledge on best practices and strategies to promote entrepreneurship and economic activity in the micro and small enterprise sector.
The Foromic is a three-day event, with opening and closing plenary sessions and multiple simultaneous panels adding up to a total of 15-20 technical panels. The main topics for 2012 are:
- Entrepreneurship Alternatives for Disadvantaged Youth
- Responsible Finance and Social Performance
- Generating Income Opportunities for Vulnerable Populations Through Microfranchising
- Innovative MSME Finance
- Innovation in Green Finance: Solutions for Rural and Urban Markets
- New Channels for Remittances
- Savings for low-income population
- New Business Models for Microinsurance
More info: http://www.foromic.org